You can serve your community!
The Warren County Board of Elections can offer you that opportunity. The Board hires approximately 688 dedicated community-minded individuals as Voting
Location Managers (formerly called Presiding Judges) and Precinct Election Officials (formerly called Judges) to staff and operate the polling locations
of the county each Election Day.
Why am I needed?
Without Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials the election cannot be held. Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials
help to make sure that an election is fair and impartial according to election laws of the State of Ohio.
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you are:
- A registered voter in Warren County.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Willing to attend a training session.
- Available for current or future elections.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.
What do I have to do?
- Attend a training session - approximately three hours in length.
- Report to work at 6:00 a.m. on Election Day and serve until all duties are completed after the closing of the polls at 7:30 p.m.
- Voting Location Managers must pick up election supplies at the Board of Elections and return election materials to the proper location as designated by
- Verify voter eligibility.
- Process voters.
- Issue ballots to voters.
- Other miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Dismantle voting machines and pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
When am I needed?
The polling locations must be fully staffed for all elections held in the county.
Where will I work?
Many public buildings such as schools, township halls, libraries and churches are used as polling locations. Every effort is made to place you at a convenient
location whenever possible.
How much will I be paid?
Voting Location Managers
||$160.00 for the day plus $10 for mileage
Precinct Election Officials
||$151.50 for the day
All new Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials have required training prior to the first election they work. Training for those returning, is only mandatory when there is equipment changes or during certain elections.
How do I sign up?
- Signup Online
- Persons interested should contact:
- Democratic Precinct Election Official Coordinator at 513.695.1764
- Republican Precinct Election Official Coordinator at 513.695.1754